Theme parks conversation questions
- What theme parks have you visited?
- What sort of people do you think usually visit theme parks?
- Who do you think enjoy theme parks most – adults or children?
- How much did it cost to enter?
- Do you think they are good value for money? (Disneyland Paris has two parks and Disney recommends three days to visit both parks at a cost of 151 euros for an adult.)
- Would you bring your own food or buy the food at the park?
- Did you have to pay for each ride or did the entry cost cover everything?
- How much time did you have to spend in queues?
- Is there any theme park you would like to visit? Which one?
- How often do you hear about people being injured at theme parks?
- How dangerous do you think theme park rides are?
- Why do you think people like to be frightened on theme park rides?
- Is it possible to produce what seems to be a dangerous experience without there being some element of real danger? If so – how?
- Do you prefer to ride at the front or at the back of a rollercoaster?
- Can you imagine what a “white knuckle ride” is?
- How important is the climate for theme parks? Where are the best parks situated?
- How would you feel if you heard that a theme park was going to be constructed in your area?
- How would you feel about working in a theme park and wearing the costume of a famous cartoon character all day?
- Do you think that spending your working day watching other people enjoying themselves would be enjoyable or depressing?