To practice orally producing new vocabulary in sentences
Flashcards with new vocabulary
- Teacher explains the procedure for activity
- Students line up in the back of the classroom
- Teacher stands in front of the class with flashcards
- Teacher tells first student in line to come up and read the card out loud
- Students who know how to use the vocabulary in a sentence or question raise their hands
- Teacher calls on one of them
- Student says his sentence or question using the vocabulary (teacher recasts if necessary; however, if student’s use and usage is inaccurate, teacher calls on another student)
- First student, who had read the flashcard, responds to the question or gives another sentence before going to the back of the line (teacher recasts if necessary)
- The student who had responded correctly comes up and reads the next flashcard.
- Repeat steps 5-9.