Housing conversation questions
These are conversation questions about houses. See our article on conversation questions for suggestions about using them in class and other resources on the net.
- Think of four advantages of living in a town as opposed to living in the country.
- Think of four advantages of living in the country as opposed to living in a town.
- Do you think that old buildings are more beautiful than old ones? Why?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a house or a flat?
- Describe a building you dislike. Why do you dislike it?
- What city’s architecture has impressed you the most?
- How many different homes have you lived in? Which did you prefer?
- Where would you dream house be?
- What is the most exclusive area in your city? What is good about it?
- Which of the following is the best to buy and why? A second hand house. A new house. A house which hasn’t been built yet.
- Do you think people should keep dogs in flats?
- Which would you rather spend your money on - a wonderful house of wonderful holidays?
- Have you ever moved house? Describe the experience.
- What local building would your recommend that tourists visit?