Henry Widdowson is a leading authority in applied linguistics and language teaching.
Professor Widdowson is Emeritus Professor of Education, University of London, and has also been Professor of Applied Linguistics at Essex University and Professor of English Linguistics at the University of Vienna.
- Language Teaching: A Scheme for Teacher Education
- Teaching Language as Communication
- Defining Issues in English Language Teaching
- Practical Stylistics
- Learning Purpose and Language Use
- Explorations in Applied Linguistics 1 and 2