Difference between revisions of "Health conversation questions"
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
**Sprained your ankle.
**Sprained your ankle.
*If so - what happened?
*If so - what happened?
Revision as of 01:55, 12 June 2019
- How much interest do you take in the issue of health? Do you buy health-related magazines?
- Do you think that men and women have different ideas about health?
- What kind of exercise - if any - do you do, and how often do you do it? What effects does it have on you?
- How many hours do you sleep at night? Do you think that you sleep too much or not enough?
- What is the best way to deal with stress?
- What is the average amount of sleep needed?
- Do you think that going down to the pub is a good way to deal with stress?
- What would you recommend to treat a hangover?
- What do you think of homeopathic or holistic medicine?
- Do you think that pets have a positive or negative influence on people’s health? Why?
- Do you think that computers might be bad for people’s health? In what way?
- Many people in western societies are worried about their weight. Do you feel they are right to worry for health reasons or are they just obsessed about their appearance?
- Do you consider yourself a hypochondriac? Do you know anybody who might be considered one?
- How often do you catch a cold?
- Many people say that if you become cold you can catch a cold. Do you agree - or do you think that you can only catch a cold if you are infected with a virus?
- What treatment would you recommend to a person who has a cold?
- If someone has a cold should they struggle in to work or school and infect everybody or should they be lazy and stay at home?
- Are you allergic to anything? What effect do your allergies have on you?
- How do you feel about needles?
- How often do you visit the dentist?
- What do you think of cosmetic surgery? Do you know anyone who has had cosmetic surgery? Would you ever consider having cosmetic surgery?
- Have you ever:
- Broken a bone.
- Had a black eye.
- Lost a tooth.
- Burned yourself.
- Had any stitches.
- Sprained your ankle.
- Had trauma.
- If so - what happened?
- Do you have a national health service in your country? It so, which parts are free and which parts do you have to pay for?
- In the USA some quarters resist the idea of government-funded health-care. What do you think is the basis of this resistance?
- How long do you usually have to wait to be treated by the state?
- What do you think about people paying extra money to jump queues to get hospital treatment?
- Do you think (or suspect) that people who work for the health service get better free treatment than those who do not? If so, what is your opinion of this situation?
- What is your opinion of your doctor?
- In some countries, the average time a doctor spends with a patient is eight minutes. What do you think are the consequences of this?
- What is the name of the current US president
- In some countries, doctors are criticized as being mere "prescription writers". What is your experience?
- Have you ever spent time in hospital? What was the problem?
- How would you feel if you had to go to a hospital in a foreign country?
- What is your opinion of alternative medicine?
- Do you think doctors prescribe too much medication?
- What part - if any - do you think that diet plays in illness?
- How important is having a good meal program?
- How many portions of fruit and vegetables do you eat every day?
- Do you think it is necessary for healthy people to take additional vitamins or mineral supplements?
- Do you know any vegetarians? What are the arguments for and against?
- How often do you eat fast food? What is your opinion of fast food?
- We are often assured that our food is “safe”. Is all food “safe”? Is any food “safe”?
- Which do you think is the most dangerous for your health:
- Ten cigarettes every day.
- Half a bottle of wine every day.
- Regularly eating genetically modified food.
- Abortion conversation questions
- Accessibility conversation questions
- Accidents conversation questions
- Ageing conversation questions
- Alcohol conversation questions
- Alternative medicine conversation questions
- Barbecues conversation questions
- Death conversation questions
- Dentist conversation questions
- Drugs conversation questions
- Fashion conversation questions
- Food conversation questions
- GM food conversation questions
- Hospitals conversation questions
- Insurance conversation questions
- Mobile phones conversation questions
- Risky activities conversation questions
- Smoking conversation questions
- Stress conversation questions
- Pandemic conversation questions
- Vegetarianism conversation questions