Family conversation questions
Family of origin
- How many people are there in your family of origin? Parents? Siblings?
- What are the advantages, if any, of being a single child as opposed to having siblings?
- Do you still live in your family of origin, i.e. do you still live with your parents?
- If you no longer live with your family of origin, at what age did you leave the "nest"?
- Do you know of anyone who has suffered from the so-called "empty nest syndrome"? Have/would you?
- Who do you think suffers most? Why?
- Why do you think parents suffer this syndrome?
Mainly due to the general economic situation, i.e. recession, high unemployment, there has been an increase over the past few decades in the number of people who have moved back in to live with their parents.
- At what age do/did people in your country typically leave their family of origin?
- For what reasons?
- Do you know of anyone who has moved back in to live with his/her parents after having left the nest?
The nuclear family, consists of two adults and one or more children.
- Is the nuclear family the typical kind of family in your country?
- Dink stands for double-income, no kids. Do you know any dinks?
- What are the advantages, if any, of being a dink?
- Friends conversation questions
- Getting to know you conversation questions
- Relationships conversation questions
- Small talk conversation questions
- Weddings conversation questions