An encylopedia (/ensaɪkləpi:dɪə/) is a type of reference work or compendium providing summaries of collective knowledge from either all branches or from a particular field (such as ELT, or linguistics)
Teflpedia, as the name implies, is an encyclopedia in part.
See for example:
- The Cambridge Encyclopedia of the English Language (ed. Crystal)
- An Encyclopaedia of Language (ed. Collinge)
- The Linguistics Encyclopedia (Routledge)
- Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics (ed. Brown)
- International Encyclopedia of Education (Elselvier)