Bonfire Night conversation questions
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Bonfire Night, aka Fireworks Night, aka Guy Fawkes Night is a yearly event, held in the UK on 5th November, dedicated to bonfires, fireworks and celebrations.
- Are there any similar celebrations in your country? What are their origins?
- How do you feel about such celebrations?
- What costumes do the people wear for them?
- Are there any special dishes associated with these celebrations?
- Are fireworks legal in your country?
- How do you feel about fireworks and crackers?
- Have you ever handled them?
- Some people think that children shouldn't be allowed to handle fireworks. What are some of the possible risks?
- Have you ever made a bonfire? Would you know how to make one?
- Have you ever roasted or baked food (chestnuts, potatoes, sausages, etc.) on a bonfire or did you just use it to keep warm?
- Do people in your area light bonfires in their own gardens or do they usually make a large one for the community?