Bonfire Night conversation questions
Revision as of 08:57, 5 January 2021 by Duncan (Text replacement - "category:cultural aspects of the United Kingdom" to "Category:British culture")
Bonfire Night, aka Fireworks Night, aka Guy Fawkes Night is a yearly event, held in the UK on 5th November, dedicated to bonfires, fireworks and celebrations.
- Are there any similar celebrations in your country? What are their origins?
- How do you feel about such celebrations?
- What costumes do the people wear for them?
- Are there any special dishes associated with these celebrations?
Fireworks[edit | edit source]
- Are fireworks legal in your country?
- How do you feel about fireworks and crackers?
- Have you ever handled them?
- Some people think that children shouldn't be allowed to handle fireworks. What are some of the possible risks?
Bonfires[edit | edit source]
- Have you ever made a bonfire? Would you know how to make one?
- Have you ever roasted or baked food (chestnuts, potatoes, sausages, etc.) on a bonfire or did you just use it to keep warm?
- Do people in your area light bonfires in their own gardens or do they usually make a large one for the community?