Beauty conversation questions
- What makes a person beautiful?
- What makes a person ugly?
- Do you think the concept of beauty is the same today as it was 100 years ago? If not, how has it changed?
- Do you think the concept of beauty is the same in all societies? If not, how might other societies differ?
- How is beauty defined in your society?
- What sorts of things affect our perception of beauty? What causes us to think that a certain thing is “beautiful”?
- Are only young people beautiful?
- Although we usually think about people being visually beautiful, there other ways of being “beautiful”? Can you think of any?
- There is an English proverb: “Beauty is only skin deep”. What do you think it means and do you agree with the concept?
- Another proverb is “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. What do you think this means? Do you agree with it?
- How important is it to you that your partner is good-looking?
- Can babies be beautiful or are they all universally ugly?
- Do we expect more from beautiful people? Do we expect them to be friendlier or funnier?
- Do you think that beautiful people are usually more successful? If so, in what way?
- Do you think that beauty can ever be a disadvantage? When, and in what way?
- Do we think less of people if they wear old-fashioned clothes and have untidy hair?
- Is there more pressure on women to be beautiful than there is on men? Why should this be?
- Are all pop stars and showbiz people, in general, beautiful? Who can you think of in show business who is not beautiful?
- Who do you think is the most beautiful actor actress working today?
- How important is image and marketing (as opposed to talent) in the pop industry?
- What is your opinion of beauty competitions like Miss World and Miss Universe?
- Do you spend much (or any) time making yourself up before going out?
- What is your opinion of men wearing makeup?
- What is your opinion of using botox to remove wrinkles?
- What do you think of the idea of having plastic surgery to improve your looks?
- What should be the minimum age at which people can choose cosmetic surgery?
- Would you have (or do you have) a tattoo. What is your opinion of tattoos?
- If you don't have a tattoo and would like to have one - what image would you like and where would you like to have it?
- What is your opinion of these piercings?
- Ear (one)
- Ear (various)
- Other more “intimate” piercings.