Animals conversation questions
- What’s the most unusual animal you’ve ever eaten? Did you enjoy it?
- What native wild animals is it possible to see in your country? Which is the largest?
- What native wild animal would you most like to see.
- If you could spend some time observing an extinct animal for an afternoon - what animal would you choose and why?
- If you could be any animal in the world what would it be and why?
- Would you like to go on an African safari? Why or why not?
- What can we do to reduce the number of species in danger of extinction? Do they matter?
- How do you feel about spiders? What do you do if you find one in the bath?
- How do you react to snakes?
- Do you think that being a vet would be an interesting occupation?
- What do you think the similarities and differences are between being a vet and a human doctor?
Insects and creepy-crawlies
- How do you feel about the following insects - do they frighten you or you indifferent to them?
- Some people welcome spiders into their homes as they eat other smaller insects. What do you think of this idea?
- Some people seem to attract biting insects like mosquitoes. Does this happen to you?
- How many insects/animals can you think of that drink human blood?
- In the past DDT was used to control pests such as bedbugs, but now it has been banned bedbugs seem to be returning. Do you think we should go back to using DDT? Why/why not?
- What insects (or animals) have you been bitten by?
- If you get an insect bite what action - if any - do you take?
- Is there anything you can do to avoid getting bitten?