Adoption conversation questions
- Why do people adopt children?
- Do you personally know anybody who has adopted a child?
- Do you personally know anybody who was adopted?
- Is adoption common in your country?
- Why do people adopt from third world countries?
- Would you prefer to adopt a boy or a girl? Why?
- Which affects an adopted child most: its genetics or the home in which it grows up?
- Many celebrities have adopted children internationally. What do you think of this?
- What do you think about single parents adopting children?
- What do you think about homosexual couples adopting children?
- What do you think about people who already have biological children adopting children?
- Should adoptions only take place if the parents and the children have the same race? Why?
- Should adoptions adoptions only take place if the new parents have the same religion as the biological parents?
- What do you think about elderly people adopting children?
- What do you think about twins or family members being separated at adoption?
- Should children have a right to know they have been adopted? At what age should they be told?
- If children's biological parents are still alive, should the children have an automatic right to contact them?
- Should the biological parents have any contact with the adopted child?
- If you had been adopted do you think you would want to discover your biological parents? Why?