Your country conversation questions
- Where is your country?
- How big is your country?
- What is the population of your country?
- How would you describe the landscape?
- Which part of your country do most people live in?
- Tell me about the main industries there.
- How easy is it to travel around your country?
Food and drink
- What is the food like in your country? Is it based around meat, fish or vegetables?
- Are there many regional differences in the food eaten and recipes?
- What agricultural products are produced by your country?
- What traditional dishes are served in your country? Which is your favourite? What's the recipe?
- What drinks is your country famous for?
- What alcoholic drinks are produced in your country?
- Is it safe to visit your country?
- What is the political system in your country?
- Who is in power at the moment?
- How is your country dealing with the current financial crisis?
- What can you say about the leaders of your country?
- Where is the capital of your country? Is it on a river, on the coast in the centre of the country?
- How would you describe the capital city and any other main cities?
- What special attractions can be found in each city?
Sports and games
- What is the most popular sport in your country? How do you play it?
- Are there any sports or games unique to your country?
- When is the best time to watch them?
- How well does your country do in international competitions?
- Are there any sports that foreign visitors practice in your country?
- Is football (soccerAmE) popular in your country? If so, which are the best teams?
- What is the weather like?
- Is the weather very different in different parts of the country?
- Can you describe the seasons?
- What is the best time to visit?
- What languages are spoken in your country?
- What language do you usually hear on the streets?
- How many people speak English in your country?
- Is there a particular national costume? Can you describe it?
- Are there any special local dances? What are they like?
- Are the people generally friendly?
- What are some special customs or traditions in your country?
- What are the principal economic activities of your country?
- What does it export?
- What are the main industries in your country?
- What can you tell me about the history of your country?
- Did you country gain independence from another country? If so, when and how did this happen?
- What are the most popular tourist destinations in your country? What makes them popular?
- Are there many hotels in your country?
- Are there many opportunities to explore the countryside?
- Is it easy to find maps and routes?
- Is there much interesting architecture in your country?
- Are there many famous artists or authors based in your country?
- Are there a wide range of shops in your country?
- Is it safe to drink the water?
- Is there a lot of wildlife in your country? Are there any deer, wild boar, wolves or bears?
- Can you hunt them?
- Are there many natural parks in your country?
- Is fishing popular in your country?
- Are there many bird species in your country?
- What is the most popular animal in your country