Weddings conversation questions
- When was the last time you attended a wedding? Who was getting married?
- How often do you attend weddings? More than once a year? Less than once a year?
- How do you feel about attending weddings? Are they boring, interesting, a waste of time?
- When you've been invited to a wedding, do you go out and buy a suit/dress and/or a pair of shoes for the occasion? Why do some people feel that they have to do this?
- After the wedding ceremony itself, in some countries there are wedding feasts or banquets. What happens after the wedding in your country?
- What was the largest wedding you ever attended? Why was it a large wedding?
- Have most of the weddings you've attended been formal or informal affairs? What different things happen in the two ceremonies?
- At most of the weddings you've attended, have there been more family or more friends present? Which do you prefer?
- Have you attended more church weddings or civil weddings? Which is more popular in your country? Why?
- Is it typical in your country to organise hen partiesBrE (bachelorette partiesAmE) or stag nightsBrE (bachelor partiesAmE)? Have you ever been to one? Have you ever organised one? What usually happens during such parties?
- Do you know of any cases of a shotgun wedding, that is, a wedding that is hurried or enforced, often because the bride is pregnant?
- Is it customary in your country to give a gift if you are invited to a wedding? What about money?