UFO conversation questions
Most "UFO" sightings are eventually put down to perfectly rational origins such as planes, satellites, shooting stars, and so on. In such cases they logically cease being "Unidentified Flying Objects" and are merely "Flying Objects." There are, however, a small number of flying objects whose origin hasn't (yet) been convincingly identified.
- Have you ever seen a UFO? What was it doing? Did you tell anyone about? If not, why not?
- If a flying object is "unidentified", does that mean that that it has to be an "alien spacecraft"? Why, or why not?
- Do you personally know anyone who has seen a UFO? Do you believe them?
- Have you, or anyone you know, ever taken photos of a UFO? What did it look like?
- Have you ever seen anything that you thought was a UFO but which turned out to be something else?
- If a UFO were positivity identified as an alien spacecraft - would it still be an Unidentified Flying Object?
Flying saucers, aliens and alien spacecraft
- Do you believe there is "intelligent life" elsewhere in the universe? If so, do you think that such life would be exploring space and visiting other planets?
- What reason might alien spacecraft have for visiting Earth?
- Why do we send space probes to other planets?
- If you saw what you believed was an alien spacecraft, what would you do? Would you report it or keep quiet about it?
- If someone told you they had seen what they thought was a UFO, you might or might not believe them, depending on various factors. If that same person told you that they had seen some little green men come out of a flying saucer, would you believe that?
- Do you think that belief in alien visitors is growing?
- If aliens have visited us, why have they not contacted us openly?
- Carnivores are usually more intelligent than herbivores so there is a high probability that any intelligent alien species would be carnivorous. If they are able to travel through space they will also be more intelligent than us - or at least more technologically advanced. Would it be wise for us to make contact with a carnivorous highly-intelligent species?
- Do you think that any potential alien species would share our moral values? Our sense of right and wrong? Why?
- When we communicate with other people we already share many experiences. The way we perceive the world, the way we move our bodies, the way we eat and the fact that we usually communicate using sound. If we were to find intelligent aliens, would we able to communicate with them?
- How do you think that people would react if aliens came to visit us?
- Some conspiracy theorists claim that governments are hiding evidence of alien contact. Why should governments want to hide this information?