Time conversation questions
Time[edit | edit source]
- Under what circumstances does time pass slowly and under what circumstances does it pass quickly?
- How quickly does time pass in your English class?
- How would you feel if you had no way of telling the time - no clock, watch or other device?
- How do you feel if you find yourself stuck in a slowly moving queue?
- If you had two extra hours in the day what would you do with them?
- People often maintain that time seems to pass more quickly as they get older - does this happen to you? Why do you think this happens?
- Time seems to pass more slowly when you are bored. What activities do you find especially boring?
At work[edit | edit source]
- Do you feel that you have sufficient time to do everything you need every day? If not, how could you get more time?
- In your country, is punctuality considered to be a virtue or do people regularly arrive late? How do you feel when colleagues arrive late for meetings?
- Many people feel that much of the time they spend in meetings is wasted. Would you agree? If so, what do you think could be done to waste less time?
- If people arrive late do they usually apologise? What do you think they should do?
- Do you have some system to manage time such as making lists of priorities, or do you just do the first thing that comes to hand?
- How good are you at meeting deadlines?
At home[edit | edit source]
- How much time do you spend asleep? Would you like to spend less time sleeping?
- What time do you get up and go to bed?
- Are you able to wake up at a specific time without the use of an alarm clock?
- Are the clocks changed by an hour in Spring and Autumn in your country? How long does it take you to adjust?
- How do you feel when you lose an hour's sleep because the clocks are changed? How long does it take you to adapt?
- Have you ever spent an entire day "an hour out" because you didn't realise the change had happened? How did you notice your error?
- How much time do you spend eating every day?
- How much time do you spend on the internet? Would you like to spend more or less?