Comments about the Teflpedia:Donate page and the PayPal process
To add a topic to bottom of this page: log in (top right) and then click above
This donation page is borked! Gooniepunk2005 05:31, 24 March 2012 (CDT)
- Aha! We were waiting for someone to notice. Bob and I poked it just now and I am pleased to say it looks much better now. Put a penny in the slot? :-) --Roger 15:17, 31 March 2012 (CDT)
- Handshakes there Roger!--Bob M 15:22, 31 March 2012 (CDT)
So it's payment time for our services again so I feel that it is time to ask our many thousands of visitors to drop in a few half-crowns. I've exchanged a couple of mails with roger who is looking into creating a banner. Any thoughts? Cheers. --Bob M 14:16, 7 February 2013 (CST)
- Yes. What is an "half-crown"? Gooniepunk2005 (talk) 03:51, 12 February 2013 (CST)
- Would you believe it's 50% of a full crown? No? I can't remember if you're from the UK or not but before the pound went decimal in 1971 the UK's money was expressed in pounds shillings and pence. Pennies were themselves divided into halfpennies and (when I was a child) farthings.
- There were twelve pence in a shilling and twenty shillings in a pound.
- Clear so far? Good.
- Many coins were minted in specific values such as the threepenny bit and the sixpence. Another very common coin was the "half crown" which had a value of two shillings and sixpence. Crowns themselves were almost never seen in circulation.
- Aren't you glad you asked? :-) --Bob M (talk) 04:35, 12 February 2013 (CST)