Teflpedia talk:Community standards
There should be an accessible list of sysops, is there? Proxima Centauri 12:39, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Acceptance of same
Maybe the Welcome template should also include a link to these Standards along with a little note to the effect that "I have read and agree with the Community Standards" just to make new editors feel part of the Community - reduces the need to troll or vandalise (apparently many trolls & vandals (the ones who aren't completely nuts) do their stuff 'cos they feel either superior or inferior to the community in question). Cheers! --Technopat 09:01, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
- I've added a link to standards. I'm not sure that I'd want to ask them to sign up to say that they'd read them though becasue -
- My suspicion is that most wiki users never read this stuff, and it's really to give admins a good reason to keep them in line. People, at least in my experience on other wikis, want to do stuff rather than read FAQs.
- What would we do if somebody didn't sign the declaration, but was a good editor?
- If somebody did come here to vandalise or do bad stuff then they would simply sign the thing and then vandalise.
- But if we get a big problem with that sort of activity then perhaps we can revisit it.--Bob M 09:12, 17 September 2009 (UTC)
- I didn't mean that they/we have to sign it - just accept to abide by it.--Technopat 09:24, 17 September 2009 (UTC)