Main Page markup
- Teflpedia:Main Page/About
- Teflpedia:Main Page/Feature
- Teflpedia:Main Page/Me
- Teflpedia:Main Page/Copyright
- Teflpedia:Main Page/Wiki
- Teflpedia:Main Page/Edit
- Teflpedia:Main Page/Explore
Each section is easily edited if you have the required permissions, by clicking the section Edit links on Main Page. They are protected from anonymous edits because Main Page is so highly visible.
Formatting of Main Page is controlled in MediaWiki:Common.css.
OK - I've reduced this to three:
|About||Explains briefly about the project|
|Explore||Explains briefly how to access articles|
|Contribute||Explains briefly how to contribute|
Note that these three threads don't overlap, so there's nothing in "about" about exploring or contributing. Explore says nothing about the content, or how to contribute. Contribute says nothing about the content, or how to explore the content, just how to contribute. This is clearer than before which had too much waffling.
- Featured content is something that could be brought back, but I'd put it under "Explore". Rationalwiki has a decent "random good article" system.
- Awards can go under "About"; there's only 1 and it's a bit dated now.
- Copyright is covered briefly in both about (where the licence is indicated) and contribute (where it's explained that contributions are licensed).