A teaching portfolio, also known as a teaching dossier, is a portfolio created by a teacher. It is a way for teachers to describe, reflect on and document their teaching philosophy, goals, and achievements.
A teaching portfolio is:
- An ongoing project reflecting our evolution and experience as teachers
- Our personal record of thoughts and lessons
- A structured means of reflection on our work, a process of self-evaluation and goal setting
- An approach to teaching enhancement whereby we can gauge successes, best practices and opportunities for improvement
- A file containing samples of our material, lesson plans and even snapshots of boardwork.
As such, it is much more than a simple CV, which is merely for 3rd-party consumption.