Tattoos and piercings conversation questions
- How do you feel about tattoos?
- When you see somebody with a lot of tattoos what do you think?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Are tattoos (1) for men and women (2) only for men (3) only for women?
- If so, tell us how/why you got them. Was it painful?
- If not, would you ever consider getting a tattoo? Why/why not?
- If your 14-year-old son/daughter came to you and said he/she wanted a tattoo/piercing, how would you react?
- What do you think of tattooed hands?
- What do you think of tattooed faces?
- Do you have any piercings?
- If so, tell us how/why you got them.
- Could you describe the procedure?
- Some people have piercings in very sensitive parts of their bodies. What do you think of such practices?
- How do you react to the following piercings? Do you think that they are natural, attractive, sexy, weird, off-putting or ugly?
- More intimate
- Although some tribal societies have often practised ritual scarring it seems to be becoming popular in other circles now. What do you think about the idea of people who deliberately scar their bodies?
- Another new fashion in bodily modification is branding with hot irons. How do you feel about this practice?