Skateboarding conversation questions
Moving with the times
- Can you ride a skateboard? If so, when did you learn? Was it easy? Did it take many bruises?
- Do you know many people who ride skateboards? What age group are they?
- Where do you/they ride? In skate parks? On the street?
- What kinds of tricks can you do? Can you do an "ollie"?
- Have you tried surfing or snowboarding? How similar are they to skateboarding?
- Is skateboarding a sport, hobby, or lifestyle?
- Is skateboarding a crime?
- Should people be allowed to skateboard on public property?
- Is skateboarding different from or similar to art?
- Do you ever use a skateboard as a form of transportation?
- What different types of skateboards are there?
- What are the different parts of a skateboard?
- What do you think of places that put up "No Skateboarding" signs?
- Is skateboarding related to vandalism?
- What would happen if skateboarding were banned?
- Why is skateboarding so popular?
- Should people take down no skateboarding signs?
- Would you encourage other people to do it?
- Skateboarding is often associated with street culture, hip-hop and urban gangs.
- Do you, or anyone you know, form part of that culture?
- Is the stereotype correct?
- Do you know people over 25 who skateboard?
- James, Davies, Skateboarding Is Not A Crime: 50 Years Of Street Culture, Firefly Books, 2004
- Wikipedia, Skateboarding