✨Creating an account only takes 20 seconds, and doesn’t require any personal info.
If you’ve got one already, please log in.🤝
Silent W is a silent letter that occurs occasionally in English:
- As part of the digraph ⟨wr⟩, e.g. wreath, wring, write, etc.
- Sometimes as part of the digraph ⟨wh⟩, e.g. who, whom, whose, etc.
- Occasionally as part of the digraph ⟨sw⟩, particularly in the words sword and answer.
- In some (but not all) place names ending ⟨-worth⟩ or ⟨-wick⟩, e.g. Berwick.
- Sometimes in ⟨tw⟩, especially two but not twice.