Shopping conversation questions
Shopping[edit | edit source]
- What are your feelings about shopping? Is it a pleasure or a torture?
- Do you think that men and women have different feelings about shopping?
- Do you have different feelings about shopping for clothes, shoes, electronic gadgets and food?
- If you are buying an expensive item, do you compare prices at several shops and the internet?
- Some shops sell second-hand goods, have you ever used them?
- Have you ever bought something and then never really used it? What was it and why didn’t you use it?
- When you shop is it customary to haggle in your country? Are you any good at haggling?
- Do you think people can become addicted to shopping?
- Are you more likely to use large retail chains of shops or independent shops/sole traders? What are the characteristics, advantages and disadvantages of both styles of retailer?
Internet shopping[edit | edit source]
- Do you ever shop on the internet? What is your opinion of this way of shopping?
- Have you ever used Amazon? If so, describe the process of buying on eBay.
- What is your opinion of the security of buying things on the internet?
- Consider the following. How likely would you be to buy them on the internet. Give a score of 5 for highly likely and a score of 0 for highly unlikely. Explain why you would, or would not, buy these items on the net.
- A computer program.
- Canned food.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Tickets to the cinema.
- Small technology like an mp3 player or an ipod.
- Large technology like a computer or a TV.
- Airline tickets.
- Hotel reservations.
- A complete package holiday.
- A CD or books.
- Purchasing downloaded music.