Sex conversation questions
This is a potentially controversial subjeSuperscript textct in some societies, and consequently some teachers may want to carefully consider if they wish to use all of these questions.
- What should schools teach children about sex and relationships? What should they teach? At what age?
- "The talk"
- Did one of your parents have "the talk" with you to explain how sex worked? How old were you? What did they say? How did it feel?
- Have you had "the talk" with your own children? What did you say? How did that feel?
- NB: There is a potential role play here
- What does practising safer sex mean?
- At what age do people in your society usually lose their virginity?
- Should contraception be free?
- How acceptable is it to pay for sex? Why?
- How acceptable is it to have sex before marriage? Why?
- How acceptable is it to have sex outside of marriage? Why?
- What do you think about "friends with benefits"?
- Does your religion affect the way you approach sex? How?
- How often should a couple have sex?
- What do you think about the #metoo movement?
- What do you think about pornography?
- How are your attitudes towards sex different to your friends' or your parents'?