Perhaps his most controversial action was the creation of the Dogme movement which argues for materials-light teaching.
- An A-Z of ELT
- 30 Language Teaching Methods
- Beyond the Sentence: Introducing Discourse Analysis
- About Language: Tasks for Teachers of English.
- Teaching Unplugged (with Luke Meddings)
- The CELTA Course (with Peter Watkins)
- Teaching Grammar Creatively
- Conversation: From Description to Pedagogy
- Big Questions in ELT
- How to Teach Grammar
- How to Teach Speaking
- How to Teach Vocabulary.
- Uncovering Grammar
- Natural Grammar: The Keywords of English and How They Work