Restaurants conversation questions
- How often do you eat out?
- When eating out, do you tend to prefer meat or fish?
- Where is your favourite restaurant in the local area? Why do you like it?
- What is the typical price for a set meal in your local area?
- How long would you wait to get served before complaining or leaving a restaurant?
- Which of these is the most important part of the meal: the first course, main course, the dessert or the wine?
- Do you usually drink wine with a restaurant meal?
- Have you ever found it necessary to send food back in a restaurant? What was the problem?
- Do you usually leave a tip? How do you calculate it? What do you think of this custom?
- Have you ever worked in a restaurant? If so, describe the experience.
- It's thought a great idea for young poeple to work as waiters for work experience. How do you think they benefit? [ANSWER: financially, independence, social skills, time management, learn how it feels 'from the other side' etc.]
- It seems that it is becoming increasingly socially or legally unacceptable to smoke in restaurants. Where do you stand on the issue?