Renewable energy conversation questions
- How many types of renewable energy can you think of?
- Consider the following types of renewable energy. Every type of energy has some positive and negative impact on the environment. All the following have a significant global advantage in that they reduce carbon dioxide production. However they may have local negative impacts. What are the positive and negative impacts of each one?
- Wind power.
- Dams. Hydroelectric energy.
- Wave power.
- Tidal power.
- Geothermal power.
- Solar power.
- What help, if any, should governments give to help the establishment of renewable energy production?
- Would you be prepared to take a job in renewable energy so that you could help to save the planet even though it paid less than a job in a polluting industry?
- Would you be prepared to pay more for energy produced from a renewable source?