Money conversation questions
- We are often told that "you can't buy happiness". If you were richer, do you think you would be happier? Why/why not?
- If you had no money at all, do you think you could be happy?
- Can you think of any examples of people who are rich and miserable?
- Can you think of any examples of people that are poor and happy?
- Which do you think are generally happier - rich people or poor people?
- Do you think money can have a negative effect on people? In what way?
- Are you good at saving money?
- How would you prefer to be paid - in cash or have the money transferred to your bank account?
Getting hold of it "easily"
- Do you ever play the lottery? How much money would you need to win so that you could give up working?
- If you were to win so much money, would you give up working? What would you spend your time doing?
- What do you think is the quickest legal way of making a lot of money?
- If you were to find a small amount of money in the street or some other public place, what would you do?
- If you were to find a large amount of money in the street, what would you do?
- Have you ever found any money in the street? What did you do?
- Do you prefer to use cash or credit/debit cards?
- Do you like to carry cash around on you?
- Do you know how much loose change you have on you right now?
Giving it away
- If you won the lottery, would you give any lottery winnings to charity?
- Do you regularly give money to charities?
- Do you generally give tips? Who receives tips in your country? What is the customary amount?
- Do you give money to homeless people? Do you think that homeless people should be allowed to ask for money on the street? Why/why not?
- Have you ever been robbed or had money stolen from you in some way? What happened?
- What is your opinion of investing in the stock market?
- Do you ever use "one-armed bandits" (slot machines)?
- Do you ever gamble in any way? How?