Luxury goods conversation questions
- What would you define as a "luxury good"?
- In what ways do you think the definition might differ between societies?
- Have you ever bought or would you ever buy what you thought was a "luxury" good? Why/why not?
- What exactly are people looking for when they buy luxury goods?
- Do you think people buy luxury goods because they are better quality than other goods or because they like other people to see that they can afford to buy them?
- Do you know anybody who habitually uses/wears luxury goods? Are they stinking rich or just rich?
- If you have any luxury goods, do you wear/use them all the time or only for special occasions?
- Do you know the price of any luxury good? Are you prepared to pay that price for that particular product?
- Are there certain luxury goods that you consider essential and others you'd consider unnecessary? In other words, are you prepared to pay through the nose for a gold watch but not for a pair of shoes? For a weekend in a luxury hotel but not a first class air ticket?
- In a period of economic crisis, do you think that luxury brands suffer the same drop in sales as brands in general?