List of multi-word verbs: pop
This is a list of multi-word verbs based on the verb pop. It is intended as a reference for teachers, not as a mere list to be presented as-is to students.
- pop along (to) - go quickly: I'll just pop along to the baker's to some bread.
- pop in - brief visit: Why don't you pop in for a coffee later?
- pop off
- pop out (to/for)
- i. go & return quickly : I'm just popping out for a moment to get some things from the greengrocer's.
- ii. be expulsed: If you sneeze with your eyes open, will your eyes pop out of your skull?
- pop up - emerge (sometimes unexpectedly): The whales just popped up out of the blue! The toast should pop up in a minute.