Linguistic notation is employed in linguistics to represent features of language. There are certain conventions that are typically followed, sometimes with slight variations. Teflpedia aims to follow such conventions.
- Linguistics abbreviations - standard such as N for "noun"
- Error notation - specifically to identify errors such as *"She eat breakfast".
- Angle brackets for graphemes.
- Square brackets for phonetic transcription
- Slash brackets for phonemic transcription
See Laurie Bauer (2007) Ch 16 Notational conventions in The Linguistics Student's Handbook