Lesson:Make a word
- lesson warm-up
- speak read
- middle_school high_school adult
Students will be able to
- review practiced vocabulary
- reafirm mental word patterns
- be creative
- Make a word/Cards -- a e i o t w r n l d h c -- sets of small letter cards to print and cut out: 1 set per team. On first blush it looks like 4 vowels and 8 consonants but the "d" can be used as a "p", the "n" as a "u" and the "w" as an "m". Let students discover this on their own.
- Sheets of paper
- Pens or pencils
- Make teams of 3 or 4 students.
- Each team gets a set of 12 cards.
- Assign one person in each team to be the secretary. The secretary´s job is to write down on a piece of paper every word the team makes.
- Teams need to make as many words as they can with the letters they have in two minutes time.
- Once time is up, the secretary of each team goes to the board and copies all the words their team made.
- Whichever team has the most correctly spelled words is the winner.