Keys conversation questions
- How many sets of keys do you own?
- How many keys do you have on each keyring? What are they for?
- Do you have a keycard, either for work, or for your car?
- Where does your keyring or key fob come from? Does it have any special meaning for you?
- How many keyrings do you have at home?
- Have you ever lost your keys? What happened?
- Have you ever left your keys inside your house/car and locked yourself out? How did you resolve the problem?
- Do you leave a spare house key with a neighbour or relative? How often have you had to use it?
- Have you ever rented a house or a flat? If so, did you have to leave key money and did you get it back?
Other meanings of the word key
- How many times a day do you key in your password to access your computer, or websites?
- What kind of keypad do you have on your phone? Do you find it easy to use?
- Do you have difficulty adapting to different computer keyboards, e.g. using laptops or other people's computers?
- Can you sing? Do you know anyone who sings off-key?
- Do you play any keyboard instrument? Would you like to?
- How many keys does a piano have? Does it have more white keys than black ones?
- Have you ever visited the Florida Keys? If not, would you like to?
- Have you ever visited a quay in a port?
- Who would you say have been the key figures in the history of your country?
- What would you say were the key moments in the history of your country?
- What are the key issues being discussed in your country at the moment?
- Do you know anyone who is a successful business person? What is the key to their success?
- What do you think is the key to success in learning a foreign language?
- At home, do you keep anything under lock and key? Is there anybody you would like to see under lock and key?
- When it comes to decorating your home, do you prefer bright colours, or a more low-key decor?
- Have you ever been invited to be the keynote speaker, i.e. give the keynote speech at a conference?