Justice conversations questions
- They say that Justice is blind. What are your feelings about that?
- How often does the good guy win?
- Have there been any famous trials in your/in another country that you were particularly interested in?
- Have you ever been to court? Would you like to talk about it?
- If so, did you go as a witness? As a claimant (formerly known as a plaintiff) or as a defendant?
- How was the experience?
- What was the ruling/sentence?
- In some cases, especially related to consumer rights, it's possible to go to different kind of court, the arbitration court. Do you think it's a "better" solution?
- Have you ever been to arbitration? Did you "win"?
Juries[edit | edit source]
Some countries that have traditionally used a jury system are now trying to reduce their use as it is considered too expensive to maintain, while other countries which do not have a tradition of jury systems seem to be in favour of implementing them. What is your view?
- Is there a jury system in your country?
- Have you, or has anyone you know, ever sat on a jury?
- If so, what sort of experience was it?