Investment conversation questions
- What's the difference between saving and investing money?
- What do you know about how a stock market works?
- When you see/hear/read the news about the stock market, do you know what they're talking about?
- When do you think would be the best time to sell/buy shares?
- Have you ever considered buying shares in a company?
- What sort of business would you invest in?
- "Ethical investing" refers to the practice of only investing in companies which you consider to be ethical. For instance you would invest in a company which is involved in producing clean energy but you would not invest in a tobacco company. What do you think about investing in this manner?
- Would you invest all the money in one company or different companies, in one sector or in different sectors?
- Do you, or anyone you know, own shares in a company? If so, how often do you think it's necessary to check how they're doing?
- What kind of people do you think invest money?
- Do you think that the stock market is driven by "fear and greed" or that investors all make rational choice about the best shares to buy?
- What do you know about "short selling"?