Housing conversation questions
Houses[edit | edit source]
- Think of four advantages of living in a town as opposed to living in the country.
- Think of four advantages of living in the country as opposed to living in a town.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a house or a flat?
- How many different homes have you lived in? Which did you prefer?
- Would there be more houses available if everybody only had one house?
- What do you think about people keeping big dogs in flats?
- Which would you rather spend your money on - a wonderful house or wonderful holidays?
- Do you think that old buildings are more beautiful than new ones? Why?
- What city’s architecture has impressed you the most?
- What is your relationship with your neighbours?
Getting a house[edit | edit source]
- Which do you think is better: renting a house or buying one? Why?
- Which of these factors would you consider to be the most important when buying a new house. Put them in order of importance: Number of bedrooms, Location, Nice Views, Sunny, Age, Near to public transport, Condition, Garden, Central heating, Size of living room, Separate dining room, Price.
- Which of the following is the best to buy and why? A second hand house. A new house. A house which hasn’t been built yet.
- If you could have a house anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Have you, your friends or your parents ever bought a house? What was the experience like?
- Have you ever moved house? Describe the experience.
- Describe your dream house.
House improvements[edit | edit source]
- Houses use a lot of energy. What things could be done to make houses more energy efficient?
- Burglary is always a worry for home owners. What kinds of things can be done to make houses more secure?
- Do you normally try to make improvements to your home with your own hands or do you usually pay professionals? What are the advantages and disadvantages in each case?
- Does your home have a garden? What is your opinion of gardening?
Apartments[edit | edit source]
- What are the advantages of living in an apartment?
- How could apartments be better for families?
- What are some disadvantages to living in an apartment for families?
Local area[edit | edit source]
- What is the most exclusive area in your city? What is good about it?
- Which local buildings would you recommend that tourists visit?
- Describe a building you dislike. Why do you dislike it?
- What is your general feeling about the architecture in your local area?