A hotel role-play is a role-play set in a hotel.
The usual characters in this role-play are a traveller and a hotel worker (e.g. receptionist).
The task of checking into and out of a hotel is an authentic task, whilst the task of helping a customer is also an authentic task, particularly for those who work in the hotel industry.
This typically involves:
- Asking for someone’s name (usually a surname)
- Checking if the traveller has a reservation; confirming the details if they do; types of rooms (double/single/twin)
- How long they want to stay (note that hotel stays are measured in nights, not days)
- Asking about hotel services
- Asking about local information, e.g. restaurants, tourist destinations.
- Paying for the stay
Some possible complications are:
- There is a problem with the reservation, or something with the hotel.
- Complaining about something, and providing a solution to that problem.