Halloween conversation questions
- How is Halloween celebrated in your country?
- How do you feel about Halloween celebrations? Do you think of it as an alien importation from another culture or do you enjoy it?
- What symbols, animals or beings are associated with Halloween?
- What costumes do people wear for Halloween?
- Is any special food associated with Halloween in your country?
- Apart from "trick or treat", do you know of any other Halloween activities?
- Where do you think the tradition started - in Europe, North America or somewhere else?
Trick or treat[edit | edit source]
- What happens when people go out to "trick or treat"?
- What do you think the words "trick or treat" actually mean?
- Some people think that children could be in danger if they are out at night celebrating "trick or treat"? What are some of the possible risks?
- In what ways do you think that people who open the door on Halloween could be in danger?
- How do you feel about frequent interruptions to your evening which children knock the door? (Or how would you feel ...)
- Between what ages do you think "trick or treat" is an appropriate activity?
Halloween party[edit | edit source]
- Have you ever gone to a Halloween party?
- What costume did you wear?
- Did you play any Halloween games?
- Did you eat any Halloween food?