Lesson:Future (will/shall) flip prompts
(Redirected from Future (will/shall) flip prompts)
- Copy and cut up one set of flip prompts from the following table for every three students in your class:
|Help! I´ve broken my leg!||Sorry, I´m too busy to chat at the moment.||Ouch! I´ve cut myself!|
|Don´t forget it´s Helen´s birthday next week.||I asked you to tidy the apartment.||I think the baby´s crying.|
|That´s the doorbell.||Quick! There´s been a road accident!||Oh no! The photocopier has broken down!|
|I really need help to finish this report.||The cat looks really hungry.||The horses look thirsty.|
|We need rice and a lettuce for dinner tonight.||I need to get to the train station a.s.a.p!||The internet isn’t working.|
|I can´t get to sleep.||This party is boring; I´m going home.||I have to move house next week and I need help|
|I´m going away I don´t know anyone who can look after my cat.||Oh no! We´ve run out of petrol.||It´s very hot in here.|
|Please help me; I´ve lost my iguana.||The floor´s very dirty.||I don´t feel very well|
|I don´t know how to play chess.||The programme is starting in a minute.||This suitcase is really heavy.|
|You´ve left the door open again.||It´s a secret!||It´s very dark in here.|
|I´m too tired to do the washing up.||I need to call my lawyer.||I don´t have enough cash to buy the revolver.|
- Form groups of three and hand out a stack of the prompt tabs to each.
- Taking turns, a member of each group flips over a prompt and reads out what ios written on it.
- The other two students in the group then respond, one using "will" and the other "shall". For instance, if the prompt reads "I don´t have enough cash to buy the gun", possible responses might be "Oh, shall I lend you mine?" and "Don`t worry, I`ll lend you the money".
- The teacher monitors, eliciting and drilling corrections.
- On finishing early, a group can repeat the task, changing key information on the prompts e.g. they might change "I have lost my pet iguana" to "I have just bought a pet iguana".