Friends conversation questions
The Internet[edit | edit source]
- Many people now have hundreds, or even thousands, of friends on Facebook. How many friends do you think an individual can realistically have?
- Have you made some friends over the Internet?
- There are agencies on the internet which claim to be able to put you in touch with other people with similar interests. What do you think of such agencies?
- Have you ever used the internet to try to contact a long-lost friend?
- Have you ever met in real life somebody you first met on the Internet?
- Have you ever been 'unfriended' by someone or have you ever 'unfriended' someone?
Old friends[edit | edit source]
- Do you have many friendships which have lasted since childhood?
- Do we need to work to maintain friendships?
- Has the concept of "friendship" changed in the modern age?
- Why do people stop being friends?
- Do you have any friends you don't really like?
- Do you relate differently to your male and female friends?
- Which is more important to you - your friends or your family?
- There is an old English saying "A friend in need is a friend indeed." What do you think this means?
- Are you friends with people because of, or in spite of, what they do?
Making friends[edit | edit source]
- What is the best way to meet new friends?
- What's the best place to meet new friends?
- What do you think of the idea of buying (or renting!) a puppy and walking around town with it?
- Do you think that it's easier to make friends at one time of life than at another?
- Do you think that rich people make more friends?
Keeping friends[edit | edit source]
- Do you think that most people are naturally able to get along with others or is it a skill which needs to be learnt?
- It is sometimes claimed that a true friend is someone who who can call you at 3 am to ask you to help start their car. Do you agree?
- Do you think it's possible to be a good friend of an ex-husband or wife?
- Do you think a man and a woman can really be "just friends"?