Flying conversation questions
- Have you ever flown in a plane?
- How old were you the first time you took a plane?
- Do you like flying? Why, why not?
- Where do you prefer to sit on a plane? Towards the nose or the tail? In a window seat, an aisle seat or in the middle?
- What are the best and worst things about travelling by plane?
- What is the longest flight you have taken? Did you enjoy it?
- What is your opinion of the meals you are served on board?
- What sort of things do you do to pass the time while flying?
- Have you ever travelled first class? How does it differ from tourist class?
- Have you tried flying on a budget airline? How does it differ from a regular airline?
- Some US airlines charge large people for two seats. What is your opinion of this practice?
- Would you like to work as part of the aircrew? What would be the positive and negative aspects?
- Should air travel be restricted in order to save the environment?
- It is possible to "offset" the carbon generated by your flight. Do you do this? Why? Why not?
- Do you watch the safety instruction at the start of the flight or do you think it is boring? What are you typically told?
- Do you ever get afraid when you are flying? How do you get over it?
- Have you ever had a hard landing?
- Have you ever had a frightening experience when flying? What happened?
- Have you experienced turbulence? How did you feel?
- It is said that flying is safer than driving. What is your opinion?
- Do you usually take out travel insurance? Why, why not?
- Do you think too much attention is given to security issues over safety issues? In some cases the concerns overlap, such as carrying aerosol cans, but what about cigarette lighters?
- Have you ever had any problems at an airport?
- Have you ever had your baggage lost or delayed? How was it resolved? How would/did you feel?
- Have you ever had your flight cancelled? How would/did you feel?
- What security measures are now in place in airports?
- How efficient are the local airports in your country?
- Have you ever been bumped off a flight?
- Have you ever been offered money to give up your seat because of overbooking?