Feminism conversation questions
Some questions about feminism:
- Do you consider yourself to be a feminist? Why (not)?
- What does feminism mean to you?
- Is your view of feminism (1) completely positive (2) mostly positive (3) neutral (4) mostly negative or (5) completely negative? Why?
- What are the biggest issues in feminism?
- What do feminists generally agree on? What do they disagree about?
- What have feminists achieved in your country/culture?
- What have they achieved in other countries/cultures?
- Can you name some feminist figures? What are they noted for?
- What do you think about female education?
- What do you think about abortion? (see abortion conversation questions)
- What do you think about the gender pay gap?
- What can be done to close the gender pay gap?
NB: Feminists often talk about violence towards women, and the following may be triggering for survivors of such violence:
- What do you think about the #metoo movement?
- What can be done to reduce rape and other forms of sexual violence?
- If a woman wishes to leave a toxic relationship, to whom can she turn for help?
Feminism and men:
- Can men be feminists? Why (not)?
- Men; what attitudes towards feminism do female members of your family have? Have you ever talked with them about feminist issues?
- Is feminism good for men and boys? Why?
- What is toxic masculinity?
- Do you think that feminists "hate men"? Why do some people think that?