Englishdroid is a website which takes a highly satirical look at the world of English teaching.
The site is the creation of Simon Barne and was originally known as "I hate teaching English". As the site disappeared from 2008 to 2010 people can be found lamenting its passing in different forums..
In 2010 a post on the well-informed TEFLtastic lamented the loss of the site,  and this seems to have stimulated Mr Barne into recreating the site - though he warned that updates would not be forthcoming.
Although people have speculated about the reasons for the site and Simon's disappearance the answer seems to be quite simple. His post on 1st of August 2010 stated that he was alive and well and still in TEFL. It seems that there had simply been some complication in renewing the domain name.
At the end of 2010 the site was back at https://sites.google.com/site/englishdroid2.
If you want to find links to some other sites which take a similarly jaundiced look at TEFL then check our humour category.
- Chase me, ladies, I'm in the cavalry, I hate teaching English.
- Englishdroid homepage - read it and laugh.
- Thread lamenting the site's passing
- TFLTastic blog post lamenting the loss of English Droid (dead link)
- Simon himself explains at TEFLtastic (dead link)