Drugs conversation questions
- What is a drug?
- What is the difference between a "legal recreational drug" a "prescription drug" and an "illegal drug"?
- Why do you think people take drugs?
- Do you think drugs lead people into crime?
- Do you think that users of hard drugs such as heroin or cocaine have first used alcohol and tobacco?
- Are antibiotics considered drugs?
- Why are "prescription drugs" only available on prescription?
- Are there "prescription drugs" available in your country without a need of prescription, e.g., antibiotic, blood pressure medicine, etc?
- Why is it important to complete a course of drug treatment for addiction/abuse even if symptoms disappear?
- Why do you think we shouldn't mix alcohol and antibiotics?
- What do you do with any prescription drugs "left over" after treatment?
- Are alcohol and nicotine drugs?
- Are coffee and chocolate drugs?
- Why are some drugs legal and some illegal?
- Are some legal recreational drugs more dangerous than illegal drugs?
The law and illegal drugs
- Some states in the US have legalised marijuana consumption. What is your opinion about suggestions that marijuana should be legalised?
- Should doctors be allowed to prescribe marijuana? What would be the advantages and disadvantages?
- Do you think marijuana is the most dangerous drug?
- What do you think of the idea that people have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies?
- Who is the victim in the crime of taking illegal drugs?
- Should people be punished in any way for using drugs? How should they be punished?
- Should there be punishments for dealing in drugs? How should they be punished?
- What would be the advantages and disadvantages of making all drugs legal?
- What would happen if alcohol and tobacco were made illegal?
- Is there a drug problem in your town/ country?
- What is your opinion about employers carrying out drug tests on their employees?
- What is your opinion about employers carrying out tests for hangovers?
- Should employers have the right to refuse to employ smokers?