Risky activities conversation questions
(Redirected from Danger conversation questions)
Danger and risk[edit | edit source]
- What is the most dangerous/brave/foolhardy thing you have ever done? That you have seen other people do?
- Would you ever make a parachute jump? Why/why not?
- Do you know anyone who has done this?
- How would you describe the difference(s) between being brave and being foolhardy?
- What is the most dangerous area of your neighbourhood? What makes it dangerous?
Conflicts[edit | edit source]
- What countries are involved in armed conflicts at the moment?
- Do you think the whole country is dangerous or just urban/rural areas?
- Would you consider visiting/working in one of these countries?
Money and employment[edit | edit source]
- Would you buy shares using only your own judgement? Do you have any experience with shares?
- Do you like to gamble? What things do you gamble on?
- Do you buy lottery tickets?
- Would you give up your existing job without having another already arranged?
- Do you think it is easier to find a job if you are employed or unemployed?
- How would you feel about taking a job in a research laboratory which was doing research into dangerous diseases?
- Would you buy a house near a nuclear power station?
- What is your opinion of the danger of nuclear power?
- How would you feel about working as a
- Police officer
- Fire fighter
Supernatural[edit | edit source]
- Would you take part in a séance /ˈseɪɒns/?
- Have you ever taken part in a séance or used an ouija /ˈwiːdʒə/ board? What happened?
- How would you feel about spending a night in a house which was said to be haunted?
- What is your reaction to graveyards at night? Would you be able to walk past one? Through one? Sit down for a while?
- If you could buy a house by a graveyard and it was very cheap, would you do that? Why or why not?
- Would you be comfortable keeping the remains of a dead family member in your house?
- What do you think about horror movies?
- Do you like horror stories? Do you have a favorite horror story?
Animals and nature[edit | edit source]
- What dangers can you face if you want to enjoy nature?
- What is more dangerous, the forest, the mountains or the desert? Why?
- What dangerous animals do you have in your country?
- Would you (could you) hold a snake in your bare hands?
- What do you think a snake feels like?
- A lot of people are afraid of spiders. Why do you think this is?
- Have you ever been scuba diving? Would you like to go?
- Would you like to go scuba diving to look at sharks?
- Would you like to visit the Amazon? Why/why not?
- Do you know anyone who owns a pitbull or other "dangerous" dog?
- Why do you think people want to have such animals which are regarded as dangerous?
- Do you think the dogs considered dangerous are really dangerous - or that they are the victims of urban myths or bad owners?
- Have you (or anyone you know) been the victim of a dog attack? What happened?
- In your country what happens to a dog if it attacks somebody?
Driving[edit | edit source]
- What sort of driver do you think you are? Do you drive quickly or slowly?
- How would you define a good driver?
- How safe would you feel if you were a passenger in a car under the following circumstances:
- a) With someone who drives fast but gives the impression he/she knows what they are doing?
- b) With someone who drives slowly but talks all the time to the passengers?
- What sort of driver do your friends think you are?
- How important do you think that wearing a seatbelt is?
- How do you react if passengers in the back don't put on their seatbelts when you are driving?
- Do you think that speed limits and other laws are for your protection or simply exist to inconvenience you?
- What laws would you pass to make driving safer?
- Do you use your mobile phone whilst driving? How safe do you think this is?
- How do you react if you're a passenger in a car and the driver answers his/her mobile while driving?
Social[edit | edit source]
- If someone offered you some food and you didn't know what it was, would you be able to eat it and ask what it was afterwards?
- What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
- Have you ever picked up a hitch-hiker? If so, talk about it.
- Have you ever hitch-hiked? When and why?
- Are you afraid of needles or injections?
- Are you worried about eating genetically engineered food? Why/why not?
- Put these activities in order from the most to the least risky:
- Skiing every winter.
- Always overtaking recklessly.
- Mountain climbing.
- Getting out of the bath.
- Smoking 10 cigarettes a day.
- Using a zebra crossing every day.
- A piercing in the tongue.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Genetically modified food conversation questions
- Gun control conversation questions
- Health conversation questions
- Insurance conversation questions
- Pirates conversation questions
- Smoking conversation questions
- Tattoos and piercings conversation questions
- Travel conversation questions
- Weather conversation questions