Dance conversation questions
Dancing[edit | edit source]
- Do you like dancing?
- Can you dance? Do you dance? Are you good at it? Are there any particular dances you "specialise" in?
- Would you say that you enjoy dancing or is it an embarrassing torture?
- Does your dancing (or your opinion of dancing) change after a few drinks?
- Traditionally it has been the man's responsibility to ask a woman to dance. Is that still the case in your society?
- If you're a woman, have you ever asked a man for a dance?
- If you're a man, how do you feel when you ask a woman to dance?
- Have you ever had formal dancing classes?
- How many different dances do you know? Are there any traditional dances in your country? Do you know how to dance them?
- Do you like watching other people dancing?
- How often do you dance?
- What kinds of dancing can we see in your country? How important is dancing in your culture?
- Do you like dancing in discos/clubs?
- Have you ever been to the ballet?
- Do you know any professional dancers? What sort of lives do you think they lead? How much rehearsing do they do?
- What's your opinion of the choreography on TV shows?
- Ballroom dancing is officially recognised as a sport by the International Olympic Committee which, in theory, opens the door to it one day becoming an Olympic sport. What's your opinion of this?
- What is the difference between a good dancer and a bad dancer?
- Do you prefer dancing alone or with other people?
- Do you have any early memories of dancing?
- Why do people like to dance?
- Do you ever go to see dance performances?
- What dances from other countries do you like?
- How does dancing affect your everyday life?