Cycling conversation questions
- Can you ride a bike? If so, when did you learn? Was it easy?
- Did you have a tricycle when you were a kid?
- Have you got a bike? If so, how often do you use it? Where do you keep it? How much maintenance does it need? What sort of bike is it? How many gears does it have?
- Where you live, do many people cycle to school/work or is cycling mainly a weekend leisure activity?
- How many kilometres of cycle lanes are there where you live?
- Is the use of helmets/reflector jackets obligatory in your country? Do you use one? Why/why not?
- Have you ever gone on a cycling tour/holiday? Where did you go? How long for? How many kilometres did you do a day? In total? Who did you go with? Where did you stay? Would you do it again? Why/why not?
- Have you ever ridden a tandem? Did you sit at the front or at the back?
- Have you ever had your bike stolen? How did you feel? Was it securely locked?
- Do you always carry a spare inner tube with you? And a pump?
- How quickly can you repair a puncture/replace the inner tube?
Cycling and health[edit | edit source]
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of riding a bike regularly to school or office?
- How dangerous do you think cycling is? Why?
- Have you ever fallen off your bike? Were you hurt?
- Have you ever had a serious accident? What happened?