Teaching children aka kids requires more than just presenting the formal language aspects of English and teachers must take into consideration such diverse aspects as attention span and the affective filter, while ensuring that materials, games and stories are within the range of each particular developmental stage.
- Arnold, Wendy. "Listening for young learners"
- Mohan, Radha. Innovative Science Teaching: For Physical Science Teachers 3Rd Ed., p. 28. PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., 01/08/2007 at Google Books.
- Mohan, Radha. Innovative Science Teaching: For Physical Science Teachers 3Rd Ed., p. 15. PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., 01/08/2007 at Google Books.
- McClelland, Gerry. "Ausubel's Theory of meaningful Learning and Its Implications for Primary Science" in Richards, Colin; Holford, Derek. The Teaching of Primary Science: Policy and Practice, p. 113. Taylor & Francis, 1983 at Google Books.
- "Improve Your Spoken English - Capital Letters ABC - Learn Series For Kids" Despite the title, this is most definitely how NOT to teach kids (nor any one else, for that matter...): video on YouTube. Check out minute 04:51 (letter H) - gross!
- LearnEnglish Kids British Council
- Teaching kids BBC/British Council
- "Language development in children". Journal of the Society of Teachers of the Deaf 11, 4-11 David Crystal