Childhood conversation questions
- What was your position in the family? (Only child, youngest child, eldest child, second of four.)
- What do you think is the best situation? Why?
- Who used to be your favourite relative when you were a child? What was he/she like? (Personality) What did he/she look like? (Appearance)
- What did your favourite toy use to be? Do you still have it?
- What things did you use to hate eating as a child? What did you use to dislike about them? (Taste, colour, texture, etc.) Do you still hate them?
What was your favorite food as a child?
- What is your most vivid memory of the home where you grew up?
- What smells or sounds can you recall from your childhood?
- What’s your earliest memory of life? Do you actually remember it, or do you remember remembering it?
- Did you use to have any irritating habits when you were a child? Were you always biting your nails or making a lot of noise?
- What are the best things about being a child?
- What are the worst things about being a child?
- Do you now have any children?
- As a child, what were your biggest fears?
- Who did you most admire as a child?
Do you think that our ideas about childhood have changed throughout history? Do you think that our ideas about childhood have changed since you were a child? How?
What is your earliest memories of school?
- How did you feel about school?
- What was your favourite subject? What did you like about it?
- What was your least favourite subject? What did you dislike about it?
- How did you use to feel about your teachers?
- Who was your favorite teacher, why did you like him/her?
- Who was your best friend at school? Do you still keep in touch?
What is your best memory of school? What is your worst memory of school? Do you think that school has changed for students since you went to school?